Sunday, May 9, 2010

From My Eyes Through the Lens




My basic training in Photography has been years back. It was during the time of Film SLRs; more closer to the time when Canon AE-1 came out of the market. Before that however, I used different cameras which I still have in my treasure chest.



I took photographs then to document events, to record unusual events and to capture unusual things. There is nothing fancy about that. It was fun and until now some photos are scanned and published in FB for viewing of classmates in the grade school, high school and college.

Time changed because I saw beauty in nature, in events, in cultural practices, on emotions and in facial expressions among many others. There is beauty in patterns, in colors and in movement. My interest became a passion that day and night, I think of the things I saw and how it must have been expressed into a beautiful image with a camera.

My existing camera, a Canon AE-1 became an expensive media. Further, films are hard to find and very expensive. At this point, I bought a Canon Point and Shoot camera in order to translate easily the images.
Lately however, my son gave me a Sony Alpha 230 as a Valentine's Gift and it is what I am using now.




© All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Gardee U. PacaliogaMay 11, 2010 at 12:56 AM

    sounds like "images of hulagway"... hehehe... congrats, tes, for setting up your show window. :) -gardee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, gaya gaya ako Gardee. Your blog was my inspiration. Nagandahan talaga ako...

    ReplyDelete